The YarnAddict Retreat 2015 - Mastering Lace Knitting
- Knitting retreat focusing on learning and improving your lace knitting skills
The YarnAddict 2015 Retreat
Mastering Lace Knitting
Friday 23 to Sunday 25 October 2015
at the Portbyhan Hotel, Looe, Cornwall
If you wish to book the retreat while the shop is closed please email on email@example.com. We will re-open on 1 October.
Join one of the UK's leading lace knitting designers, Anniken Allis, for a weekend of lace knitting in the authentic Cornish fishing village of Looe.
The cost of the retreat is £300 (plus accomodation if required - to be booked by the participant).
Anniken has designed for British and US magazines including Vogue Knitting, Interweave Knits, Debbie Bliss Magazine, The Knitter, Knitting, Let's Knit and several more magazines as well as British and US yarn companies including Artesano, Fyberspates, West Yorkshire Spinners, Juniper Moon Farm and many more. She's the author of Beaded Lace Knitting. Since 2006, she has been teaching knitting workshops in yarn shops and at shows around the UK.
Whether you're completely new to lace knitting or you have some experience knitting lace, you will learn something from this retreat. Lessons are combined with free knitting time and the opportunity to relax and socialise with other knitters in the 3 star newly refurbished Portbyhan Hotel overlooking the fishing port of Looe. Take a break from knitting and take a stroll around Looe and enjoy the many shops and pubs on offer. Or perhaps take a walk along the Cornish Coastal Footpath. If non-knitting partners or families wish to accompany you on your trip to Cornwall, there is plenty of attractions in South East Cornwall for them to enjoy including gold clubs, theme parks and the nearby Eden Project.
On arrival you will choose a project suitable for your level of experience that you will be able to work on under Anniken's guidance over the weekend. Time to work on your project will be combined with formal lessons. There will be plenty of free time to socialise and knit or explore Looe.
Topics taught will include:
- The basics of lace knitting
- How to read charts
- Use of stitch markers and lifelines to make lace knitting easier
- Cast ons/cast offs suitable for lace knitting
- Provisional cast on
- How to add beads
- Fixing mistakes
- Knitted On Edgings
- Shawl shapes
On arrival you will get to know each other over a Cornish Cream Tea while Anniken introduces the weekend and the projects you can choose from. The projects will be shawls or accessories aimed at various levels of experience. Whether you've never knitted lace before or you're a more experienced lace knitter, there will be a project suitable for your skill level.
The weekend will be a combination of lessons and free knitting time where you will gain experience in lace knitting while working on your chosen project.
Cost: £300 which includes all lessons, a lace shawl project which includes yarn, pattern, knitting needles, beads and crochet hook, a goody bag with a selection of knitterly treats, Cornish Cream Tea, two dinners, two lunches, afternoon tea and refreshments during lessons.
Accommodation is not included but you are encouraged to book accommodation at the Portbyhan Hotel and we have organised special rates for you (£45 per person per night if sharing and £65 per person per night for single room, which includes breakfast). You are not required to stay at the Portbyhan Hotel to attend the retreat.
Please read before booking:
- Retreat price does not include accommodation. If you wish to stay at the Portbyhan Hotel please book your accommodation directly with the hotel, stating that you are attending the YarnAddict Retreat.
- We reserve the right to cancel the retreat by 14 August 2015 if there aren't enough bookings. That will give you two weeks to cancel your hotel room at the Portbyhan Hotel.
- If we cancel the retreat, a full refund will be given.
- If you need to cancel your booking, we will refund the money paid to date minus a £50 administration charge.
- Cancellations made after 14 August 2015, will not be refunded unless we can fill your space from our waiting list. In that case we will refund the money paid, minus £50 administration charge.
The YarnAddict 2015 Retreat will cost £300 which includes:
The Portbyhan Hotel, The Quay, West Looe, Cornwall, PL13 2BU
TEL: 01503 262071 FAX: 01503 263818